Monday, July 31, 2017

HELLLLLOOOOO VANCOUVER (Robin Williams voice)

Date: 07-31-2017
Companion: Sister Vanderplas (pronounce the "plas" like Claus in Santa Claus)
Area: Vancouver East Stake, Fairway Village Ward

I LOVED WOODLAND BUT HOLY COW HAVE I MISSED VANCOUVER!?!?

My cute cute companions name is sister Vanderplas. That's right. Sister Vanderplas. Ask her how many times I slaughtered her name before I finally said it right? Hahahah!

We've had such a fun time here in the Fairway Village ward! It's been way too much fun!

I think the biggest thing to note is that WE ARE ACTUALLY BIKING AROUND VANCOUVER. My legs hate me. Enough said.

So something that i thought was way cool was that on our first night here, sister V and I had made our way over to the ward mission leaders house and met with him. Then we tried biking our way home again and let me tell you, I am literally the most out of shape person alive. So we started walking our bikes and all I could think about was how it was this sisters first day in the field and how walking our bikes and everything had probably been pretty crappy for her, so I was praying that a miracle would happen. Just then this lady in a mini van drove past and was cheering us on! It was so fun! But wait, there's more. She flips a u turn and comes back and talks with us and tells us she'll give us a ride home! We threw our bikes in the back of the van and we were on our way.
When we got home it was about 9pm and our stake is doing something for missionary work where everyone in the stake prays when it hits 9pm, so we asked her if we could pray with her (she was a member from another area) and we knelt down in the middle of the road outside of our house and prayed. The spirit was so strong and it totally pumped us up to go out the next day and work hard!

Moral of the story is, small acts of kindness lead to big spiritual moments. The sister kept saying that she was sorry she couldn't do more, (and we had a hard time fitting the bikes in her van) and she kept apologizing for wasting our time, and to me, she had saved us! (Literally my legs feel like jello at this point, what the heck how do people bike for fun? Someone ask Preston and Jaden or Braxton to write a "how to" for me please.) But it was just this one small act of kindness, and I don't know if this lady will ever know how much she truly helped us.

My invitation: always follow promptings to do small acts of kindness, even if you feel like you might be annoying that person. Not only will it bring the spirit into their life because of your Christlike charity but you will also feel the spirit more because you are choosing to be Christlike.

I love you. God loves you. The two dogs I live with love you. Everyone loves you.

☀️FIND JOY☀️

1. Back with sister O'very so you know things are about to get Cray
2. Biking?
3. We know what fashion is
4. New mixtape coming 3038.
5. The two dogs I live with
6 & 7. Sister Vanderplas and I (': (I'm not crying it's just a twig in my eye)











No comments:

Post a Comment