Monday, July 10, 2017

#RetweetIfYouAgree Where's my G.A. squad at?

Date: 07-10-2017
Companion: Sister Bevan
Area: Longview Washington Stake, Woodland 1st Ward

GOOOOOD MORNING BALTIMORE!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry about last week's email. I'm not actually sure if it sent out or not, but my email has been kind of funny the past couple of weeks and it doesn't always send the emails I have typed!

This week was SUCH A GOOD WEEK!

We got to go to the Temple on Wednesday and BOY do I miss the temple so much! It was crazy because as soon as we got there I was just over come with the spirit and I learned so much! If you haven't gone to the Temple recently, please do so.(:

We had an all day p-day on the 4th of July and we were able to go watch some fireworks and hang out with a lot of people! It was way too fun! The fireworks in washington are crazy. Especially in woodland! They echo off the canyons and it just sounds so cool! Dad, you'd LOVE the fireworks here.

Alright. I started over in my Book of Mormon studying. The other day I was reading 1 Nephi 4. And let me tell you. I think Nephi is the coolest person of my life. No joke. Well, besides Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. But anyway. So in the previous chapter, Laman, Lemuel, Sam, and Nephi are all trying to get the gold plates from king Laban. Only king Laban is kind of scary and tries to kill Laman when he goes in for the plates. Laman and Lemuel are super mad and they start SMOTING (that one was for you mom) Sam and Nephi with sticks! An Angel of the Lord comes down and says "you act like I'm your mother or something. Stop smoting your brothers with sticks. Go and do" as soon as the angel leaves, Laman and Lemuel start getting mad again.

Even after an angel comes and tells them they can get the plates they doubt.

AND Nephi is 100% befuddled as to why they are so doubtful! This is where chapter 4 starts. Nephi starts into them by mentioning the story of Moses and the red sea, and how because Moses was righteous he was able to part the red sea and the Lord delivered them and helped them and they were able to escape.

And then Nephi says " Now behold ye know that this is true; and ye also know that an angel hath spoken into you; wherefore can ye doubt? Let us go up; the Lord is able to deliver us, even as our fathers, and to destroy Laban, even as the Egyptians." (1 Nephi 4:3)

Or in other words "you've also seen an angel of the Lord. How in the heck are you doubting that we can get some plates from some guy?"

THIS IS SO COOL.

So often do we forget all of the things the Lord has done for us in the past and we get discouraged and start to lose hope and faith in what the Lord can do for us. 3 verses later Nephi says "And I was led by the spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do." (1 Nephi 3:6).

Nephi has absolutely no idea how is he going to accomplish the things which the Lord needs him to do, but he is still looking at his brothers like they're crazy for having doubt! Which they are!

Brothers and sisters, I know that sometimes life is really scary and we're asked to do things that we think are impossible. But I promise that as you go through life, and ask yourself "wherefore can ye doubt?" Every time you start to feel like you can't do something, and as you remember the Lord in your life, that God will deliver you. And you will be able to get the plates from Laban. Just like Nephi could because of his faith.

I know that our Savior lives. I know He is watching us and helping us. I am so grateful that i have this knowledge and I have this opportunity to bring others to this knowledge. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! Sorry this was kind of a long email!

☀️FIND JOY☀️

- Sister Emma Hansen


1. Temple!!!!
2. What I'm trying to act like I feel
3. How I really feel








No comments:

Post a Comment