Monday, July 17, 2017

Do Chickens Have Large Talons?

Date: 07-17-2017
Companion: Sister Bevan
Area: Longview Washington Stake, Woodland 1st Ward

Hello hello hello! Right now I'm getting my hair cut by an 78 year old woman whom I love with all of my heart. So wish me luck. Pictures to come.

IT'S BEEN A PRETTY GREAT WEEK.

We did lots of service this week. It was way fun. I love service so much. I love being able to help someone, even if it's in the smallest ways.

Something that I've been thinking a lot about this week are talents. I'm not going to lie. I have the hardest time thinking of any talents that I have. I don't feel like I'm particularly good at any one thing. But we had a lesson this week where we read the parable of the talents in Matthew 25. It basically says that if we don't use our talents that we will lose them. Well if we can lose talents, that means we have to have them right? This week, I don't know why, but I've been having the strongest desire to play the piano. I don't even know why. I used to take piano lessons when I was younger. But I haven't played in years. Now all of the sudden I'm wanting to play all the time. I don't know if i could actually say my piano playing is a talent right now... (it sounds terrible and I'm pretty sure my companions ward are always bleeding) but, I have a testimony in growing those talents. It all goes along with your vision for yourself. ( I dont know if you can tell, but I'm obsessed with vision). Your talents will widely effect who you are and who you want to become. Figure out your talents so you can work with them and work them into your vision. The more you care for your talents, the more talents God will give you.

Another thing that I've been thinking about, is actually taking charge. Putting your plans into actions. If you want something, you have to do it. You can't just pray and hope that it happens. We were talking with our investigator, Tina, one time and she said "pray like God does everything, but then work like you do everything". Later our mission President said it in one of his emails to us and it was just a confirmation to me to work, and to be confident in what I am doing.

Funny story for everyone! We were heart attacking this lady who just had surgery in our ward. (in case anyone doesn't know, heart attacking is just cutting out hearts and putting them on someone's door and running away) well, the house that we went to had two OPEN WIDOWS in the front of the house, and we could see a man sitting inside but his back was turned to us. And we could see tons of dog toys outside so we knee they had a dog. So we snuck up to the door, stuck on all the hearts without being detected. As soon as we stuck the last heart on the door the DANG DOG STARTED BARKING! So we took off to the side of the house because we didn't want the guy inside to see us. Only apparently there was a CLIFF where we ran to. Needless to say there were minor battle wounds, but it the end, we came out victorious (and limping).

Remember to ☀️FIND JOY☀️

-Sister Emma Hansen


1. Sister Baxter cutting my hair while I was typing this email
2 & 3. Exchanges with Sister Stoker and Sister Lavaka


P.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM. I HOPE ALL THE TEXTS FROM EVERYONE I TALKED TO ON FRIDAY DIDN'T ANNOY YOU.






No comments:

Post a Comment