Monday, January 22, 2018

I love weddings, drinks all around (sparking cider of course)

Date: 01-22-2018
Companion: Sister Keetch
Area: Portland Stake, Sunnyside Ward

1 year on the mish. 2 decades old. 1 wedding. 4 baptisms (hopefully)
HOLY COW THIS WEEK HAS BEEN SO CRAZY!

I turned 20. Which is gross because I have the maturity level of a 12 year old boy. I've been on the mission for a year which is also gross because I still feel like I just got out of training about 2 weeks ago.

BONNIE AND NOE GOT MARRIED THIS WEEK?!? WHAT THE HECK! it's been so crazy to see their desire to come to Christ and be sealed in the temple as a family for eternity. In the marriage ceremony our bishop told them they would have another wedding in a year and Noe says "I'm going to do everything I can to make sure we get to that temple in a year" and I've never felt the spirit so strong.

Two really amazing things happened this week and I feel like I've been able to talk with Heavenly Father.

1. I got a little bit frustrated Friday because I felt as though we could have been being more effecting at the time. But I could tell that what we were doing at the time was helping Sister Keetch. We ended up only having a little bit of time left and we decided to heart attack one of our investigators. As we were walking out of the complex this little girl who is 10 years old, walked up to us, asked if we were Mormon missionaries and when we said yes, she began to bare her testimony of how she knew what we taught was true and that she wanted to get baptized but had lost contact with missionaries when she moved back into her mom's house. The spirit was strong. I knew from this that God was telling me it was okay. That we had been effective and that He was happy because of us. If we had "been more effect" like I felt we should have, we would have missed this girl.

2. Bonnie and Noe and their family hadn't shown up to church and it was about 20 minutes in. If they didn't show up then they wouldn't be able to he baptized. I was pretty frustrated and feeling really defeated. I begrudgingly told god "fine, we'll do it your way." And then I got mad at myself. If I really was submitting myself to the will of God, then I wouldn't be mad about it. So I prayed again, sincerely telling Him that we would do whatever it is that he needed this family to do. And right then and there, for some random reason my eyes went to the door and in walks the family. I felt God say to me "thanks for trusting me." And I now realize that God just wants us to trust Him. He has a good plan for everyone and he doesn't just want us to do something out of spite. He wants us to do follow His will because we know that it will be the best plan of action.

I love you all so much!

P.s. they're getting baptized on Saturday please pray for them!

☀️FIND JOY☀️

No comments:

Post a Comment