Monday, January 1, 2018

2018, Mt Everest, and "totally doable in 9 minutes"

Date: 01-01-2018
Companion: Sister James
Area: Portland Stake, Sunnyside Ward



Hi. Sorry it's been a while. I hope y'all had a merry Christmas! 

This week we've had tons of adventures and let's just say it's been pretty RAD.

We decided we were going to take a bus to the other side of our area to go to try contact someone a member told us we should stop by. We got off the bus and looked over and turns out, we had to hike to the top of mount Everest because that's where this house was. We hiked all the way up there for an our 30 minutes just for this lady to look at us, point to her "no soliciting", tell "that includes religion", and slam the door shut. It was like I took a drink from the Pacific Ocean this lady was so salty. But, as we started making our way to another house we found this really pretty walking trail that was a short cut. God has created this earth that we might FIND JOY.

Something I have been thinking about a lot this week is time. During one of our district meetings we were given the challenge of teaching the plan of salvation in 9 minutes or less. Sister James and I were panicking. A lot. Our zone leader told us he would read us something from preach my gospel, and after 10 minutes of looking through the book he finally goes "totally doable in 9 minutes." Lol. We thought some profound words were about to come out of his mouth. But we prepared diligently and gave the presentation and not gonna lie, it was pretty dang good! The spirit was strong.

Later in the week I studied the talk "your four minutes" by bishop Gary E. Stevenson in the April 2014 general conference. This talk is all about how we don't have very much time here on this earth, and even though we've spent thousands of years preparing for this time when we were in the premortal world, we can mess all that up here in this earth life if were not careful. But then he goes on to say, that our 4 minutes are not up. And there's never a time it's too late, so long as the master says we still have time to change. I promise you there is still time! You're still in your 4 minute race! Don't give up and don't quit. We have not blown our 4 minutes! I've been thinking about this so much this week. I'm about 2 and a half weeks away from my year Mark. I could look back and think I've blown my mission. That I haven't worked as hard as a should. That I haven't done all that God has wanted me to by now. But that doesn't mean that these next 6 months are over with. I still have 6 months to work as hard as humanly possible and change and grow as much as I can.

There is never a time it's too late.

I've been reading about Alma, Aaron, and Ammon. They have been able to feel the most joy because of the happiness they brought other people in bringing them the gospel.

It's never too late to find joy.

It's never too late to share the gospel with others and not only bring joy to them, but yourself as well.

I'm so grateful for all of this. I cannot put into words my gratitude for my Savior. I can't explain my thoughts about how incredible the Book of Mormon is. I cannot explain how much love and joy I have felt from my Reedemer and my Father above. If you want more peace, happiness, joy, or purpose in your life. Read the Book of Mormon. It's never too late to start. Your 4 minutes are not up.

☀️FIND JOY☀️
- Sister Emma Hansen

P.s. we almost got in a car accident, almost crashed on our bikes 3 times, almost broke sister James's ankle, had a(n herbal) tea party, told an investigator we were going to light her on fire after she was baptized (2 nephi 31:13), had my portrait done by a 5 year old, got a coconut from a lady who's house we cleaned, walked 3 miles in the pouring rain, and took Bonnie and Noe and their family to the Temple.

P.s.s. Bonnie and Noe are engaged.

P.s.s.s which reminds me. I'm mad at everyone who has gotten engaged/married since I've been gone and haven't told me/sent pictures. I'm Saltier than the lady who answered the door and pointed to the no soliciting sign.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment