Tuesday, May 29, 2018

500 Days of Rain

Date: 05-29-2018
Companion: Sister Bevan
Area: Gresham Stake, Kelly Creek Ward

Can I just say how much I love the Pacific northwest? I don't know if I've said it enough times so I'll say it again

I LOVE THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST!🌲

This week has been the week of weeks! Not because anything big physically happened. We didn't have some crazy story about someone walking up to us telling us they wanted to get baptized NOW.

But I did get to talk to a lot of people. I did get to see the sun this week. I got to clean a woman's house who had lots of living things in her sink that weren't supposed to be living there. I did get to go to church and partake of the sacrament and renew promises that we made with our Father in Heaven. I did get to take a nap during dinner. I did get to study the word of God and received so many answers to so many questions I had! Concerns, fears, doubts, anxiety. It was all taken away from me and I took the time to pray to my all knowing Father, and ask Him for guidance. I sincerely opened my Book of Mormon and other study material, and through them God spoke to me and calmed the stormy sea. Made the sun appear. GAVE ME JOY!

Mosiah chapter 1 talks all about the scriptures and how we would be lost without them. Verse 7 says:

"7 And now, my sons, I would that ye should remember to search them diligently, that ye may profit thereby; and I would that ye should keep the commandments of God, that ye may prosper in the land according to the promises which the Lord made unto our fathers."

I have a sure knowledge, that as we turn to God, by reading the scriptures, for help when we are lost that He will speak answers to our mind. And He'll help us to

☀️FIND JOY☀️

- Sister Emma Hansen


 





No comments:

Post a Comment