Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Holy Trinity

Date: 06-12-2018
Companion: Sister Bevan
Area: Gresham Stake, Kelly Creek Ward


Wow. This week was a great week. I finally rained here again and I just cannot explain how much I love the rain. I don't know what I'm going to do when I don't have it all the time anymore!

I definitely ruined my shoes when I ran through a gigantic puddle. Okay. 2 gigantic puddles. In two different days. What can I say, I'm living my best life. I'm also mentally insane so it's basically a win win situation.

This week, our bishop texted us and told us about Trinity. Apparently bishop had ran into her while he was looking for a less active member. He talked with her and her mom for a little bit, and they said they would love to have the Missionaries over. Well, we went skipping our merry way over there and turns out my girl, Trinity got a little too lit that night and she had no memory of talking to bishop, but her mom had told her that she said we could come and then she was interested in hearing what "the guy" said that made her interested in meeting with us.

A couple of days later we sat and talked with her about the plan of Salvation and how the atonement of Jesus Christ allows us to fix mistakes we've made in our lives. That God doesn't leave us to fend for ourselves, but That He is constantly there. As tears poured down her face she told us she wanted to get out of her situation she was in right now and that she wanted a better relationship with God. She said she knew she was going to be pushed, but she knew it was what she needed.

This interaction with Trinity sums up how I feel about my mission. God has stretched me so much and changed me. There is absolutely no way I could have done anything that I have without the help of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice that he made for us. I am so grateful that I have been able to call upon His name whenever I was going through hard times. When I was broken, Christ was the one who could heal me. He will forever be there lifting me as I continue my way through life.

☀️FIND JOY☀️

- Sister Emma Hansen






No comments:

Post a Comment