Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The refinerses fires fire refiners refine

Date: 06-19-2017
Companion: Sister Bevan
Area: Longview Washington Stake, Woodland 1st Ward

Hello everyone!!! It's been a pretty good day this week! I had the best night this morning and I can't think of anything else that doesn't make sense to put here. Sorry. I tried.
Transfers were this week, so sister Phillips went to portland and sister Bevan came here! It's been pretty fun! 


A couple of miracles this week! Remember Jared that we found on the side of the road that one time! Well we lost him for a while and that was kind of disappointing. So we did a faith drop. And that's where you pray before you go to their house and you say "Heavenly Father, if it's time to move on from them let us know, but if we need to teach them, let them answer the door." Well we did this and BAM!!! We were finally able to talk to his friend again! It was literally the coolest thing of my life! This is the 4th miracle with the Jareds and I honestly can't wait for one of them to be baptized. I have such a good feeling about it! 

Another miracle, we are teaching a girl named Kori and she texted us the other day and told us she picked a date she was working towards for baptism! It was literally the coolest thing of my Life! She picked august 5th! So we're working for that! 

Okay. Here's the thing ive been obsessing over this week. The refiners fire. Mosiah 23:10 and Alma 26:27. I've been thinking about trials so much. And why we go through them. What's the point of them. Life is so hard sometimes. But then I look back at where I was 5 months ago and I know that I am not the same person anymore. I am a completely new creature and its because of all that I've gone through. I've grown so much because I've been heated and pounded and every time something has happened, I've turned to my Father in Heaven. He doesn't give us these trials to see if we can jump through all these hoops alone. He gives us these trials to show us that He is here, and reminds us to lean on Him, all the while He's helping us become stronger and become better human beings. Even though the trials suck while we're going through them, because of this knowledge every time I'm in the midst of a trial, I can think "my Heavenly Father is helping me grow and become better. What is He wanting me to learn from this trial?" And that makes the trial completely worth it. And all of the trials I go through shows me how much He loves me. I'm so grateful that He wants me to grow and become better and will be there to help me when I do grow. I know the Savior lives. I know He's there and He suffered in Gethsemane for me so that I could grow and He could help me become better. I'm so grateful for this knowledge. Thank you all for your continued support. Remember to

☉FIND JOY☉

- Sister Emma Hansen

1. Me and Sister Bevan
2 and 3. Pictures from Cougar (note from Mam - Cougar is an unincorporated town in Cowlitz County.  It's located about 25 miles north east of Woodland - yep it's in Sister Hansen's current area)
4. Sister Bevan and I 






No comments:

Post a Comment