Monday, June 26, 2017

Cougar is a town in Washington, I swear I'm not an old lady hitting on younger guys.

Date: 06-26-2017
Companion: Sister Bevan
Area: Longview Washington Stake, Woodland 1st Ward

GOOOOOOOOOD MORNING WOOOODLAND!!!!!!!!!!! this week has been a pretty great week! Last week most of our investigators were running from us and we weren't able to schedule any appointments with anyone, but this week that all turned around! We had an awesome lesson with a woman named Tina who basically told us that she had an awesome experience where God told her she needed to be meeting with us and listening to what we were saying. It was really neat! When we asked to set up a return appointment she said "well I'm going to be busy this next week so it'll have to be the week after, wait no. Come over this Friday. I don't want to risk not meeting with you every week." IT WAS SUCH A MIRACLE.

we've also been working with a family where the wife is a member but the husband is not. And I love them with all of my heart. It was really cool because the other day we found out that his moms middle name was my name it and it pretty cool. God doesn't do random. We've been working with them a lot. We helped them repair their front deck on Saturday (It was about 8 million degrees and I think my body was crying everywhere, but they apparently call that sweat?) And we have an appointment with him this week. I'm so dang excited about it.

During church yesterday, our bishop got up and spoke about our dwindling church numbers. (our ward is really small) and he talked about the importance of why we go, and it made me think about basically everything we do in life with the gospel. We can do it because it's something everyone around us is doing so we feel obligated to do it. We can do it because we know that the Lord wants us to do it so, again, we feel obligated to do it. Or we can do it because we ourselves want to grow. We want to help others that might be there. We want to show God we are grateful for Him sending His Son to die for us and make it possible for us to return. Think about it, Jesus Christ when through so much for us and asks for so little in return. That we take one day out of out week to renew our own covenants that we made (by our own free will) so that we could become clean and pure again.

I've also been thinking a lot about agency this week. I get really frustrated with myself sometimes because I'm not finding more people to teach. Or I'm not baptizing 800 people a week (it's a realistic goal, I swear). But I read a talk by Elder Oaks called "Timing" and he talks about putting all of your trust in The Lord's timing, and then not getting discouraged by someone else's agency and what it might do to your plans. So if we have set the goal that we are going to trust in the Lord's timing and do all that He asks, then that only involves our agency and the Lord so all is bound to be well!! That is something I need to work on because I constantly get mad or discouraged at other using their free agency (a gift and also a curse. (; Dang it).

This email was kind of just me ranting, but what I'm trying to get at is a couple of things.

1. Look for miracles. It'll get you through the toughest of times just to see the Lord's hand in your life.

2. Find your reason for going to church, or living the gospel and decide if it's a worthwhile reason. If not. Change it.

3. Don't get frustrated with the agency of others, and trust wholeheartedly in the Lord's timing. Believe me. It's like He knows all or something.(;

I have the strongest testimony in my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that sometimes i may not understand His plan for me but I know that He knows best so i want to follow Him. I know that He suffered for me and was pained for the sins I would commit, but it was because He loves me so much. And because of this that He went through, I can return to live with my Father in Heaven again. I'm so grateful for this knowledge that I have. I love you all so much!

Oh and 4. ☀️FIND JOY☀️

-Sister Emma Hansen

1-3 COUGAR PICTURES. my area is so beautiful

4. All of the kittens 





No comments:

Post a Comment