Monday, February 20, 2017

Reptiles? In Washington?

Date:  02-20-2017
Companion:  Sister Staker
Area:  Vancouver North Stake, Walnut Grove Ward

2 days ago I hit my one month mark. Isn't that lit. Also, I've had to stop saying lit cause like missionaries aren't supposed to make drug references. Hah lols. 

This week has been awesome! We took M. to a baptism and the spirit was so strong! And then she came to all of church on Sunday! The last lesson we had with her we committed her to baptism! She doesn't have a specific date yet but she wants to! 

We met a couple of awesome people this week! This one lady texted us and told us she didn't want to talk with us anymore but we don't like getting dropped over text so we went to her house anyway, but she didn't answer the door, so we were going back to our car and we met J. And he is AWESOME! He's been looking for a church to go to and he said he was looking online but it was hard and we told him God sent us and he was just so excited! He's going to take a church tour on Wednesday and he's super excited to read the Book of Mormon! #miracle 

My district is AWESOME! I love them so much! Elders Dastrup (district leader) and Brown are awesome! And Elders Smith and Grant are hilarious. 

The other night we came home and were finishing up studying, and Sister Staker came around the corner and just yells "Sister Hansen!!!!" And I go over,,,, and there's a FROG on the corner of the door!! So we ran and grabbed a glass cup and Sister Staker trapped it! And then we used the technology safeguards booklet to slide under the glass (cause what else is the booklet good for?) And threw it outside!!! It was a funny experience. And then the next day, we were at a lesson and this lady had a bearded dragon in a tank right next to us, and it stared at Sister Staker the entire time! So then the next day we went to dinner and the family that was feeding us had a bearded dragon, and the little girl was showing it to us while the mom was just finishing up cooking. The little girl leaves with the dragon, and the mom asks Sister Staker to go put a plate of food on the table. When Sister Staker gets to the table she SCREAMS! THE DRAGON WAS ON THE TABLE. And the mom was just like "oh yeah, he'll eat with us." And the dragon sat on the table the entire time we ate.   Sister Staker and I decided that reptiles just aren't our thing. Lol. 

So it's been a pretty good week! I love getting every one's emails! And I'm sorry that I can't respond very much but thank you all for emailing me still! 

Also this is my address:

10803 NE 103rd St
Vancouver, Washington 98662

If you wanna send something go for it, but I'm at a members house so please don't go too crazy! (look at me getting greedy) or send it to the mission home and they'll get it to me that way! Thank you! I love you ALL!

-Sister Emma Hansen


1.frog. Lol I had some videos but I can't figure out how to send them lol.
2. And 3. Bearded dragon at the table
4. And 5. Sister Staker and I
6. Our district got to teach Seminary, it was awesome! (Elders Grant, Smith, Brown, Dastrup, Sister Staker, Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment