Monday, April 30, 2018

Land of ports

Date: 04-30-2018
Companion: Hermana O'Barr
Area: Vancouver East Stake, Prune Hill Ward


The greatest blessing happened this week and I just have to talk about it because it made me so happy.

POTLAND POTLAND POTLAND!!!!! I GOT TO GO BACK!!!

Anyone remember the Barahona family? If not, no worries becAUSE I REMEMBER THEM AND THEY'RE THE BEST AND HOLY COW NO ONE UNDERSTANDS HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM AND THATS OKAY, I'LL JUST KEEP SHOUTING IT UNTIL EVERYONE KNOWS.

Okay, *flashback to January*
Bonnie, Noe, Tony, and Brian all go baptized and it was such a good and happy filled moment and I didn't think it could ever get better.

UNTIL THIS WEEK WHEN

Noe, now having the priesthood, was able to baptize his now 8 year old daughter and it was so good! The spirit was so strong and I was so happy that God let me be apart of this miracle! I love this family with all of my heart and I'm so so so happy because of them!

Something I've thought about a lot this week are things that hold us back. We all have something. Whether it's work, a video game, coffee, nicotine, energy drinks, SOMETHING. We all have it!

Matthew 4:18-22
Peter, Andrew, James, and John are all fishing. They're doing their job. They're doing something they want and something they think is very important. Until Christ asks them to follow Him. Their responses are immediate and powerful as they leave their nets and their father to go follow the Savior of the world.

So we all have our own nets. Something holding us back. And Jesus Christ is asking all of us to come follow Him. The question is, are you going to be like the apostles? Are you going to leave your nets to follow Him? Are you going to do it immediately? Or will you wait until you're done? Christ only asks us to follow Him because he knows it will make us happier than our nets now will make us. And sometimes it's really hard to give up our nets. It makes me think of the Lamanites in the book of Mormon who take an oath to not shed the blood of men anymore. So they buried their weapons(or nets) deep in the earth. And when they thought they needed them again they did not grab them again, because they'd made a promise with God that they would leave them. But God provided a way for them to survive, by their sons helpign and serving them. (Alma 24)

As we make a promise with God, that we will leave our nets, bury our weapons of war, God promises us in return that He will grant unto us our righteous desires. I'd you leave your coffee because you want to feel closer to God, then He'll help you. If you promise to slowly get off nicotine because you want your family to be whole again, He'll help you. If you want to stop playing video games because you actually want brain cells, God. Will. Help. You.

I know that God loves us and only wants what's best for us. I know that as we make that effort and show Him we're trying, we will have added strength given to us because of the atonement of Jesus Christ.

-Sister Emma Hansen

☀️FIND JOY☀️







No comments:

Post a Comment