Monday, April 16, 2018

You have your coke, I have my salt. Leave me alone.

Date: 04-16-2018
Companion: Hermana O'Barr
Area: Vancouver East Stake, Prune Hill Ward


Moses 6:55

Well, if anyone was wondering if Mollie and I were the same person still, I would have to say yes (except I'm like the Disney sequel that everyone is all "NOT as good as the first" but it's like tolerable? Ya know the feel?) In case you don't know who Mollie is or get her weekly emails, long story short, she ended up with a flat tire a couple of weeks ago.

I, just had to go and copy her because I miss my sister oh so much, and this week Hermana O'Barr and I had to change a tire. Luckily I remembered how from the one time my mom made me, and everything was alright. I even did it in a dress so take that Satan.

Has anyone found any JOY? I've been telling everyone for the past 15 months to find joy and I just want to hear some happy miracle stories from everyone.

I've been studying joy and happiness recently. And something that annoys the CRAP out of me is when people say "happiness is a choice" there are so many people that I've talked to on my mission who've definitely not been happy and they had the right not to be. And who the heck is anyone to tell them they should just get over it and either act happy, or literally just not care and be happy.

In the talk "until seventy times seven" Elder Robbins quotes the scripture I mentioned at the beginning. If you haven't read it yet, I'll wait while you open to it. If you don't have the pearl of great price near you, you can go to lds.org. Or you can download the gospel library app.

But this scripture talks about how we taste the bitter so we will know to cherish the good. LET ME TELL YOU. That is 100% true. And how can you expect to cherish happiness if you are just expected to be happy all the time. Now I'm not saying just go around and be a Debbie downer all the time. HECK NO. That's why I always say Find JOY! You gotta go look for it and most times you have to look for it.

But it's okay to not be happy all the time. That's why Jesus Christ came to this earth. He came so we could rely on Him and turn to Him when we're not happy. He came because we need Him. So in those moments, when you're not happy, turn to Him. Pray, read scripture, talk to a friend who knows about the book of Mormon. Go to church. JUST TURN TO HIM DANG IT.

he gives you tender mercies. Like getting to see your best friend who you haven't seen since the beginning of your mission. Or the best dessert at someone's house after a lesson. Or maybe like feeling the spirit. And he gives you JOY!!!!

☀️SO GO FIND THE JOYS☀️

- Sister Emma Hansen


1. Bff.
2. Flat tire. Ft. Pamphlets and book of Mormons (don't even fight me on how to say the plural of book of Mormon.) 

3. Comps
4. Tags
5. It's exactly what it looks like. Lolz







No comments:

Post a Comment