Monday, April 2, 2018

Honestly, sorry I keep missing weeks and I'm just forwarding from my last email I'm lazy as heck

Date: 04-02-2018
Companion: Sister O'Very
Area: Vancouver East Stake, Prune Hill Ward


YO FAM. WHAT IT IS. 

Literally I'm sorry that I'm the WORST and just keep not emailing, I promise I'll try to do better but I can't make promises that I probably won't keep so like, sorry fam.

This week was so good!!!! WE HAVE A PROPHET ON THE EARTH TODAY. HE GUIDES AND DIRECTS US AND GIVES US THE GOOD STUFF! I'M SO GRATEFUL!

This conference we watched two sessions at the stake center and we definitely had to bring our snacks and stuff because gotta be comfy when listening to the prophet.

Also some stuff that I thought was cool from my personal studies this week:

"Humility also includes being grateful for our numerous blessings and divine assistance. Humility isn’t some grand identifiable achievement or even overcoming some major challenge. It is a sign of spiritual strength. It is having the quiet confidence that day by day and hour by hour we can rely on the Lord, serve Him, and achieve His purposes." Quinton L. Cook. October 2017. The Eternal Everyday.

"And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up;" 3 Nephi 24:15

"Do not suppose, because it had been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness." Alma 41:10

"The essence of the gospel of Jesus Christ entails a fundamental and permanent change in our very nature made possible through the Savior’s Atonement. True conversion brings a change in one’s beliefs, heart, and life to accept and conform to the will of God (see Acts 3:19; 3 Nephi 9:20) and includes a conscious commitment to become a disciple of Christ.

Conversion is an enlarging, a deepening, and a broadening of the undergirding base of testimony. It is the result of revelation from God, accompanied by individual repentance, obedience, and diligence. Any honest seeker of truth can become converted by experiencing the mighty change of heart and being spiritually born of God" David A. Bednar. October 2012. Converted unto the Lord.

People, we are walking through a dark maze right now. And let me be the first so say that I am stubborn and would love to walk through the maze all by myself but I know 100% that that will never happen because I keep tripping or falling into deep pits or plug in an old alarm system so the alarm beeps all night and ya get no sleep and you're tired in the morning. GOD DOESN'T WANT US TO BE TIRED. He has promised to give us guidance that we wont plug in old alarms and we will be able to sleep! All we have to do is listen to him. We have to drop our pride, accept the help He has already offered us, and JUST HAVE FUN. STOP BEING SO ANGRY AND SAD AND MAD ALL THE TIME AND JUST LOVE EVERYONE. we'll children of God!

I'll probably email y'all in like 3 or 4 weeks or something idk, ya never know with me. Sorrz.

- Sister Emma Hansen

☀️FIND JOY☀️

P.s. in case you couldn't tell I think tripped like 6 times this week and I plugged in an old alarm system at our house so it beeped all night and I think I got like 13 hours of sleep this week total. LOL. 







No comments:

Post a Comment