Monday, February 26, 2018

DJ 2SCHOTTZ!!!!

Date: 02-26-2018
Companion: Sister Jones
Area: Vancouver East Stake, Prune Hill Ward

HELLO FAM! how crazy has life been!? As y'all know I got transferred again and I'm BACK WITH MY GOOD OL' PAL BETSY JO SCHOTT!!! So life is good here in the Prune Hill ward. (Different ward than last time, same house as last time)

Literally this area has some of the nicest houses I have ever seen. And there were some dang nice houses in Portland. But this area is entirely full of MANSIONS. I SWEAR.

Couple of things I've been studying this week:
The spirit. Holy cow the spirit is incredible. Preach my gospel says the way to become converted unto the Lord is through the Book of Mormon, combined with the holy ghost. This may surprise you all, but this is true for members as well. (Go read Elder Benars talk "converted unto the lord")

So how do we make sure we can feel the spirit more in our lives? How do we help ourselves find the happiness that comes from the presence of the holy ghost? We stand in holy places! Does this mean we can only feel the spirit at church? Or at the temple? Or Wednesday night's at mutual? (Yes that is a holy place) NO. those are not the only places we can go to feel the spirit. Make the place you're Standing in, a holy place.

Go back to the basics. Say a prayer. Read the scriptures. Go to church. Serve others. Tell someone they're loved. As you do the things the Savior did while he was on earth, you become the holy place others could come to so they can feel the spirit.

Another way is by being obedient to all of God's commandments and your promises with Him. God gives us these commandments for a reason and I know I've said this 8,000 times but I'll say it 8,000 more. The directions God gives us are to keep us safe. Not hold us back. Obedience brings us blessings!!! It's like someone telling you to get on the roof of a building and giving you a ladder and you refusing to climb the ladder, but getting angry because you're not at the top. Obedience will allow us to feel the spirit and change our lives for the better.

I know these things to be true. I cannot emphasize it in any other way and there is no way for you to know unless you try it. Stop being lazy. Stop watching those r rated movies. Put the cigarette down. Put the tobacco down. Throw away the coffe. But it's not enough to just stop doing the bad things. You have to start doing the good things. Pray. Read one verse of scripture. Go to sacrament meeting. I promise it will change your life and you will find that happiness you are so desperately looking for.

Love y'all.

☀️FIND JOY☀️

- Sister Emma Hansen

1. COOL FRIENDS FOR LIFFFEEEEEE
2. I live in the prettiest place I don't care what you say.
3. SISTER JONES THE NEW COMP ❤
4. Tell us we're pretty
5. I couldn't even take a goof picture with sister Smellie cause I'm gonna miss her so much.
6. I❤the barahonas
7. Crystal
8. Sevaya









No comments:

Post a Comment