Monday, December 4, 2017

#keepportlandweird

Date: 12-04-2017
Companion: Sister James
Area: Portland Stake, Sunnyside Ward

I FREAKING LOVE IT HERE.
Sorry for my language.

Sorry that I didn't write an email last week! Everything was real crazy, and I didn't have time to write anything!

I got transferred to the Sunnyside ward in Portland. And it's literally so much fun! The first day we were here we pulled around the corner and this guy was in a pikachu costume with no pants on. #KeepPortlandWeird. my new companion is Sister James and we've already had too much fun for one transfer and it hasn't even been a week yet.

I'm still in a biking area and I cannot for the life of me, understand why my last area was a car share, and this area is a full biking. This area is HUGE. and has so many hills. If y'all thought I complained a lot about biking in my last area get ready for THE STORM. Speaking of the storm, it's like -27474 degrees here and we're getting into winter so it's SOGGY. #pray4sunnyside

THE LIGHT THE WORLD SEASON IS UPON US AND I CANNOT EXPLAIN TO ANYONE HOW EXCITED I AM!
If you don't know what I'm talking about please go to Mormon.org and watch the #LIGHTtheWORLD video. It's about spreading Jesus Christ's light to all of his children by serving everyone! There's a different service every day leading up to Christmas. During these services, I've seen lots of tender mercies from the Lord and I'm super grateful for it. The first day, we decided to give out Christmas ornaments to everyone we saw. At first when we decided to do this I felt super stupid about it. But I decided to try it anyway. The first person we tried to give them to told us no and walked away. Lol. But the more people we talked to the more we have away. We gave them out as we were walking to someone's apartment. Turns out the person who we were looking for wasn't there but Angela was. She actually had friends who were LDS and she was down to meet with us and learn more. I think God answers our prayers in ways that we don't always understand. That if we show Him we're trying, He will bring us success because we are trying to do Him will. The other thing we did was give out free hot chocolate and I think I lot of people were skeptical at first, but as we talked with more and more people you could see the light appear in their eyes and it was so much fun to be able to help God.

Also the enabling power of the atonement is real and we only had to ride bikes twice since I've been here, and I know God is watching out for me because I'm a weakling and can't do anything. But it's okay because God helps those who need help.

Also, there's this little girl who is the daughter of a less active member we teach and she calls us the misserionies and I think that's the nicest name I've ever been called on my mission and it's so much fun here.

Brothers and Sisters GOD IS SO REAL. He answers prayers! Even if He waits a while to do it. He might wait because He wants you to remember His mercy, but He does answer prayers! I'm so grateful for Him and His kindness and His love for all of us! Please spread that love this Christmas season. Remember every one is someone's child. Even Gods child.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCHHHHHHH!!!!


☀️FIND JOY☀️
- Sister Hansen

P.S. New Address:
8800 SE Causey Loop. #K203
Happy Valley, OR 97086-8527


1&2: the end of lake village homies😢
3. I ❤ the samaniegos
4. Brb just had to change a bike tire
5. COOL FRIENDS WERE REUNITED FOR 2.5 SECONDS
6 and 7. SISTER JAMES IS THE BOMB








No comments:

Post a Comment