Monday, December 18, 2017

HAPPY in happy valley!

Date: 12-18-2017
Companion: Sister James
Area: Portland Stake, Sunnyside Ward

Hello everyone! Sorry there was no email last week! We had our Christmas zone conference!

But this week has been crazy with miracles and with the spirit!

My boots have become completely shredded. And don't get me wrong, I'm not about the whole "look perfect and cute" thing, I could honestly not care less about what I look like at the moment but my boots are my favorite thing in the entire world and the entire bottom of the shoe was coming off. I WAS SO ANGRY. So I tried to use super glue and let me tell you. Super glue does not work. It works for a little bit, until you are riding your bike and your companions dress gets caught in the bike so you have to slam on the brake and then the whole bottom of your show rips off but you're about 7 miles from the apartment and have an appointment in 10 minutes. Lol. That was fun.

But then, a dear friend gave me some shoe glue.

And let me tell you about this glorious shoe glue. I literally spread that stuff like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and BAM. The shoe has been intact for 2 weeks now. It has withheld many miles of walking and biking. It has withheld much tribulation in the wilderness.

Why am I freaking out about this? Because it was definitely a tender mercy.

But also because shoe glue is like the gospel of Jesus Christ. It brings us many blessings. There are lots of other things in our life that we think could help us. And things that could temporarily make us happy, but the only thing that can bring us true and lasting happiness in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Because it is what he has asked. And when we do what he asks then he is able to bless us.

ALSO please pray for Bonnie and Noe (pronounced like no way). Their family (3 other kids) are preparing for baptism and they could use your prayers.

I love you all! Thank you for the Christmas gifts and notes!❤

☀️FIND JOY☀️
- Sister Emma Hansen

1. Life of sister Hansen
2. I held a frog the other day. It's good luck.
3. HAPPY 11 MONTHS
4. Lake village homies reunited(': 







No comments:

Post a Comment