Monday, October 2, 2017

Oh no, October 1st and the scary stuff happens.

Date: 10-02-2017
Companion: Sister Townsend
Area: Vancouver East Stake, Fairway Village Ward

Holy. Cow. That's all I can say right now.

I FLIPPIN LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE.

Honestly, I really needed this conference in my life. Please please please, I'm begging you, if you didn't watch it, go back and watch it now.

Elder Hallstrom gave a great talk that put a lot in perspective for me. What I got out of it was to endure. We hear that all the time, but he said it in a different way that I'd never heard before. Lots of times when I go through a trial, all I can think is "how can I fix this? How can I go back to being comfortable?" But elder Hallstrom talked about having the faith to not be comfortable physically all the time, because maybe our spirits need more healing. It was just so good. It changed so much for me. I've been going through all of my trials, knowing I could learn something from them, but expecting to be comfortable after them. But he challenged us to have the faith to go through life doing God's will. And sometimes that means being uncomfortable physically.

Have the faith to be physically uncomfortable because you know it will help you spiritually.

SO GOOD.

Elder Holland's talk was also amazing. A song that I find myself singing a lot is "I'm trying to be like Jesus" but I'm also over critical and too hard on myself. Elder Holland talks about how if were trying to be like Jesus we would not make ourselves feel this week. Because Jesus Christ would never make someone feel this way. So why should we do it to ourselves. SO EMPOWRING I LOVE IT.

We scared the heck out of sister Adams and Burton last night because the stls let us in through their window so the other sisters has no idea we were in the apartment and holy cow.
"Oh no. October 1st and the scary stuff happens" - sister Adams when she thought her apartment was haunted.

This week has been a wild one. Basically sister Townsend has been a little under the weather and by that I mean she's on her deathbed. So we've been trying to take it easy while still doing work. But now I'm starting to get sick. I can't hear out of my left ear and my throat is on fire, my head has also exploded. Updates to come next week.

We were able to find a new investigator named Bailey. She wasn't raised with religion in her life. But she said we could come back and I'm excited to teach her. Please pray for her that she will be there and will be willing to listen to the message of the restored gospel. That Jesus Christ lives. That we have prophets on the earth today. That God loves us, and still speaks with us. That He is a God of miracles.

Remember to

☀️FIND JOY☀️

-Sister Emma Hansen

1. There's another sister Hansen in the mission. She's legit.
2. Sister miles went to my high school. Anyone know Morgan?
3. Had dinner with sister Schott. I love her too much
4. <3





No comments:

Post a Comment