Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Friendship & Missions



We moved to our current house when Emma was 4 years old.  It's pretty much the only place she remembers.  Here she re-met her bestie Mollie Mae Petersen, I say re-met because I'm sure these girls were the best of friends before coming to this earth.  If you know Emma or Mollie you know they are like peas and carrots.  Sister Petersen enters the MTC in the morning.  I think Emma said it best:

"I think the weirdest thing about Mollie and I both going on missions is the fact that practically yesterday I still remember looking at a new house and the little neighbor girl who happened to be my age asking if I wanted to swing on the swing set in the backyard with her.  And the fact that she hasn't left my side for longer than 2 weeks since and now we won't see each other for 18 months.  

I'm beyond grateful that the Lord blessed me with a sister like you.  I love you so much and know you will do amazing things in Tallahassee.  See you in 18-ish months Sister Petersen."

I'm also grateful these girls have each other.  Their friendship could teach us adults a thing or two about unconditional love, support, and lifting one another.

I wanted a little something to keep Sister Petersen close to us while she's gone, after all both of them leaving a couple weeks apart is killing me.  My niece Hollie McKeeth made this to celebrate their friendship and their service to the Lord.  The photo doesn't do it justice, Thank you Hollie.  


. . . they separated themselves and departed one from another trusting in the Lord that they should meet again at the close of their harvest for they supposed that great was the work which they had undertaken.  Alma 17:13


No comments:

Post a Comment