Saturday, January 21, 2017

First week!! Wait, first 3 days???

Date:  01-21-2017
Companion:  Sister Bennett, Sister Packard, Sister Thiel
Area:  MTC

Hello everybody!!! First I just want to say thank you to everyone who gave me their email! And that if you would rather just email me when you want instead of me sending these annoying emails every week, let me know and I'll definitely take ya off the list. Honestly I know how annoying these emails can be, I won't be mad. You can also just look at sisteremmajadehansen.blogspot. com instead.

The first day at the MTC was definitely a crazy one. All I remember is getting my name tag and then a whole bunch of info thrown at me and then I was getting ready for bed. It was crazy. But now we sit in classes all day and while the spirit is super strong, I'M SO TIRED. haha! But really the MTC has been such and amazing experience and I can already feel God helping me with things I was worried about. It's really Hard! But it's been Great! 

My companions name is Sister Bennett and she's super nice and sweet. She ended up going home yesterday though and I was put into a tri-companionship with sister Packard and sister Thiel (pronounced teal). They're in my district and we basically spend all of our time together so I already knew them as well as Sister Bennett. It's crazy how much love you can feel for people you've just met. Whether their companions or investigators, or people role playing as investigators. Sister Carter and Sister Sperry are the other two sisters in our district and I love them so much! I've seen a lot of people at the MTC Already! It's been really fun seeing all of them!

It's been a pretty good couple of days. When I think about how I've only been here three days it freaks me out because I feel like I've been here for 3 WEEKS already, haha! But like I said it's all been pretty good. I'm excited to be learning so much and being able to serve the Lord! I can't wait to get out in the field but boy, I am nowhere near ready for that yet!

-Sister Hansen

Sister Bennett, me, Sister Carter(front), 
Sister Packard(back), Sister Sperry and Sister Thiel.
Me, Sis. Thiel, Sperry, Packard, Carter

PS:   Also, sorry I promise I'm not going to send this many emails next time, but the coolest thing ever was having Mollie pick me up at the curb. It was like the story that Bishop told of Mollie and I reuniting when we were like 4 but now we're 19 and I cried super hard. Hah! It was really cool and so helpful having her there. I felt so comforted with her there and it was so great. The Lord was definitely looking out for me and I am eternally grateful for that. It's crazy when you realize how much the Lord actually knows your heart and what you might need. I love my sister and even though she's leaving to Florida on Tuesday, it was such a blessing having her help. It was awesome! The church is 100% true!

Sister Mollie Petersen sent the following pictures entitled:  LAUNDRY DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment