Tuesday, November 14, 2017

I didn't realize how many of y'all would get married so quick. Holy hot dang!

Date: 11-13-2017
Companion: Hermana Judkins
Area: Vancouver East Stake, Fairway Village Ward

This week in the life of Sister Hansen

WE WENT ON EXCHANGES AND I GOT TO GO BACK TO WALNUT GROVE. #HolyLand

Facebook: amazing tool, but holy cow everyone's profile pictures. Y'all and your weddings. Someone tell me when Jenna, Joely, Kaylee, Mitchell, or Jaden gets married. Someone else tell Jeremy I say congrats. Lol.

This week i had a couple of really good studies.

1. Jacob 5. I know I know. Some people look at this like the best chapter in the world and some look at it like it's the worst. But holy hot dang it definitely shows us how much Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father love us, and what we can do in order to receive JOY!!!! Long story short, the mast of the vineyard (Jesus Christ) says 8 times something along the lines of "it grieveth me that I should lose these trees" (us/the children of God, being the trees). 8 times!!!! Throughout the chapter. They truly love us so much and they want all of us to return to them. Then the master goes to work in the vineyard with his servants. He is working so hard to make sure that His trees don't produce bad fruit! He wants all of our success! And our happiness! And he's working right along side us to make sure that we have that success and happiness! And he invites his servants to work with him, in which he promises them that if they work diligently that they will have joy in all the fruit that is produced. I know that when we work hard we can truly enjoy the fruits of our labor, and God will give us many fruits.

2. John 3:16-17. Being on a mission and hearing lots of people's thoughts on who Jesus Christ is actually makes me kind of sad because there is such a misconception about who He is and what His purpose on the earth is. But Jesus Christ did not come to the earth to just preach to people. To condemn them. To tell them to shape up and fix themselves. Jesus Christ came to this earth to take on the sins of the world. To take on everything we have felt. To make sure that we knew God loved us, and that there will always be a way that we can return to God if we just choose to follow Jesus Christ. He made it so we could over come spiritual and physical death. He preached to us while He was here. But he did so much more than just read/produce scripture. HE GAVE US JOY!!!!!

3. The last thing I learned hit me pretty hard, and i definitely needed it. I read a talk and i have absolutely no idea who wrote it or where it came from but it talks about faith. The thing that stuck out to me was getting ride of doubt and having faith in what the Lord might be putting us through at the moment. Laman and Lemuel would begin to complain and murmur because of all the trials that they went through, yet Nephi went through all the same things without complaining. It was because Nephi had so much faith in the Lord that His willingness to do the things the Lord commanded didn't depend on miracles, or rewards for his previous works. He sat down and went to work no matter what was happening. ALL BECAUSE HE HAD TRUMENDOUS FAITH IN OUR LORD AND REDEEMER JESUS CHRIST!!! It made me think "do I have faith in Jesus Christ? Or the miracles? Am I only willing to do something if I see miracles for doing it?" That's not why we're here on the earth right now. We're not here to see miracles and refuse to do anything until we see them. We're here on this earth to prove to Jesus Christ that we have enough faith in Him that we'll follow Him and His commandments whether we see miracles or not.

This is definitely something that I've struggled with. Sometimes I feel as though when I don't see the miracles that whatever it is that I'm doing, isn't actually worth doing. But as I read this talk I felt the spirit and I know that it's true. That if we follow Jesus Christs regardless of the miracles, or lack thereof, that Jesus Christ will be so happy because of what we are doing, and it will truly be the right thing to do, and whether we see them in this life, or the next, I know we will see them.

I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves each and every one of us. I know that He has asked us to do one simple thing and that is to follow Him. I know that as we do, no matter what happens, that He will make everything worth it in the end. Thank you all so much for everything that you do! I appreciate your testimonies and your prayers!❤

☀️FIND JOY☀️

- Sister Emma Hansen

1 & 2. The only difference between 7 months ago and now is the amount of weight we've both gained.(':
3. ✌😚 when in doubt peace and pout
4. Thanks Aunt Myrna and Uncle Glen!
5. Gus, I got some pineapples. Don't worry.











No comments:

Post a Comment